We all love a sunny day, but don’t forget your furry friends while you’re enjoying the sunshine. If you’re hot in your t-shirt and shorts, imagine how your dog feels in all that fluff!
So here are a few tips for keeping dogs happy and safe this summer:
- Check the temperature of the pavement with your hand before heading out – if its hot on your hand, its hot on his paws!
- Always take water with you, even on short walks
- Try and stick to shaded areas and avoid long periods in direct sunlight
- Avoid going out in the middle of the day – early morning is best, before things have heated up!
- If your dog doesn’t want to go out because of the heat, don’t make them!
- Take extra care with black or double coated dogs as they will likely suffer the most